Sunday, June 05, 2005

Not home for long

When I last posted I was about to head up to Malagash Bible Camp with Luke. It was a beautiful drive up there! The man who drove us up did a great job of pointing out all of the interesting touristy stuff. He was a lot of fun! Actually, on the way up we stopped at this cave by the side of the road so I could see it, and when we walked over to it there was a woman, squatting down on the rocks peeing! I can't even imagine how embarrased she must have been! We just turned away from her (well the kids with us didn't...they just ran right by her lol) and she got out of there pretty quickly! lol It was quite hilarious. I was really excited when we got to Malagash and I got to see the ocean, even though it was rainy. It's a beautiful place. I can see why it's so highly spoken of. It was a fun weekend. I worked in the kitchen with some great people and got to meet some of the kids too. Meghan, one of Luke's friends, was working in the kitchen with me and she showed me how to look for sea glass. I found some great pieces: some white ones, a little brown one, a few good sized green ones, and a big blue piece (it's my favourite.) It was sad to leave there.
On Monday we went downtown Halifax and toured around. I met his sister Leah and saw all the boats, including Theodore Tugboat!!! On Tuesday the sun finally came out and we went to Peggy's Cove and on Wednesday we went to Crystal Crescent beaches. The ocean was absolutely beautful and the rocks all along the shoreline were amazing to see. The people out there are so much friendlier than Ontarionians (what is the proper word?? I think I made this one up). I don't know why we can't be nicer. Anyhow, time flew by and I caught my flight home early Thursday morning. I love flying! It's so much fun!

After waiting at the airport for a half hour, my mom picked me up and we went to the Vaughan Mills Center. It's an absolutely huge mall! I was with my mom and my sister and we were there for probably 7 hours. Talk about an extremely long day. :S It was nice when we finally got home, except that I had a bunch of arranging to do so I could go to Peterborough for the weekend.
The frisbee tournament turned out quite well. It was a smaller group than usual, but it was a lot easier to do things because of it. Once again Ross did a great job getting everything organized and everyone who helped as well. Things seemed to go very smoothly and everyone enjoyed themselves. The weekend was really busy, some good and some crazy, but it was great to get to see some people again. Sarah, Nicole, and I got to spend two nights in res together. We hung out with Matty, Drew, Todd, and DanDan on Friday night which was super fun! I love those guys. :) Saba and I enjoyed blasting our music. The looks you get from people when blaring Mmmbop by Hanson are priceless! On Saturday night Kevin showed up and a group of us went to Timmy's.
After the church service at Auburn today my youth group and I stayed for the luncheon they had then headed back home. It was such a busy weekend and I'm so drained. Actually I'm probably going to go to bed now because I didn't get much sleep this weekend. Chuckleton and I stayed up til 2 or 3 talking both nights, then the girls and I stayed up in our room even later than that.

I'm off to camp probably sometime this week. I'm not 100% when. It'll be nice to just be there and not have to worry about needing to be somewhere else for a little while. It's no fun living out of a suitcase. I've probably only been home for about 7 days since school finished. I'll enjoy spending a few more days at home before I head up to Bancroft.
It'll be an interesting summer. I'm still not sure who exactly I'll be working with. I would value your prayers though. There are some people that are a bit difficult to work with, and I'm praying for the patience and understanding that I'll need to be able to work well with them. I'm also kind of nervous about working with the Teens for daycamps because I've never done it before and I know it'll be more difficult because of the topics that will come up and their understanding of things. God obviously has me here for a reason, I just pray that I'll be able to help have an impact on the lives of those campers. It's going to be difficult for me health-wise too. I'm hoping that by the end of the summer I'll be decently healthy again, but it'll take a bunch of work.

May is now gone, and June is here. It's only been one month since school has been out and so much has happened already. We'll just have to wait and see how the month of June pans out. God bless all of you...I love you all, and am continuously praying for you.

Philippians 4:8 - Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.

5 comments:

Luke Bruce said...

Hey Nicki, i'm glad Milliscus went well, though i'm super jealous i missed out on getting to hang out with so many people... like Mattymac... sigh... anyway, all the people at church from Kids Club were asking about you... seems they like you more than they like me already:P which would be funny if i didn't think it were true:P anyway, Lord bless as you head up to Bancroft:)

Anonymous said...

can't believe she didn't say anything about her dad...hmmm...must of been brain freeze or something. Have you been eating ice cream Nicki? You know it makes you forget very important things.

Anonymous said...

Hey there nicki....
uh...hello...u forgot to mention me in ur blog about milliscus and seeing people from KLBC. Anyways...that's ok...i am only joking. I hope u have a great summer and i should be back in time next year for the KLBC grad to see u graduate. Laters and love u lots...Hunter:)
God Bless

Rach B said...

Hey nicki
I am so jelous you got to go milicus
I wish I could have!! :(

Glad you got back safe! and that you had fun visting luke.

love ya lots
-Rach

nicole said...

that blog is huge!!! i miss you and you have to make sure you bring hanson next year....i am sure we can get someone to drive us around so we can play it! lol! i want to go to graphite with you guys in the fall so it shouldn't be too long until i see you again...thankgoodness i feel so stuck here with no friends for miles....(hugs) i am still super jealous you got to go to lukes...you got to find sea glass??!! luke got me some...but you actually got to find it your self! and just to make your dad feel cool..nicki's dad rocks! i can't wait to be able to hang out again...its more fun without boys too...later beautiful! have fun at camp!