Monday, June 13, 2005

Working at Graphite

I'm at camp now. I arrived on Saturday afternoon just before a nice thunderstorm. It was a lonely day, but quite enjoyable. No one was around when I got here, so I moved into my room, unpacked then tried to decide what to do. I chose to colour. I'm not too impressed with my new pencil crayons though. A couple of them just kept breaking. I was getting quite frustrated, but I managed to finish my picture with a couple of pencil crayons only half as long as they were when I started. When I finished it, I decided to write a letter. I'm not much of a letter writer, but when there's no one around it makes it so much easier to do. I started reading "The Last Juror" by John Grisham on Saturday night before bed, and I finished it Sunday evening. It was a great book!

Nicole W. rescued me from my lonliness yesterday. She came and picked me up and we went to Timmy's. Her friend Leah was there too. We had a great night. I think we ended up being there for like, 2.5 hours. :P She showed up today with her sister and a friend and we all went for a swim. The lake is soo nice. It's been so humid out that the swim was quite refreshing. Nicole and I will hopefully be able to go 4-wheeling at some point too.

I had fun working with Uncle Boyd today. He has a long list of things that need done. One thing I started working on was the music binders. :S That's one long, tedious job. I started today, but it's going to take a few days to get much done with them. I'm not really sure what all I'm going to be doing in the next few weeks. I washed the sign out front today, and got kinda wet in the process. I think there is some line trimming for me to do as well. Near the end of the month a few groups are coming in and I'm pretty sure I'll be helping lead some games and activities with them.

I love it here at Graphite. Though I will say that it's tough to compare to Malagash. :P I miss everyone so much! I miss you all so much more now that I'm here on my own, with little internet access and such. If you ever feel like visiting then please do! Visitors are a lot of fun and so are letters. :D God bless you all! I hope you all have a great summer!

P.S. Happy birthday Luke!

2 comments:

Rach B said...

hey nicki
just a note so you know I was reading your blog
-God bless
-Rach

Luke Bruce said...

Hey! congrats on the proper spelling of frustrated:P good to hear from you.... although i think you told me most of that on the phone... thanks again for the call today, it meant a lot:) so yeah, Lord bless, dear friend... thanks again for everything:)
Cling to Him