Friday, May 27, 2005

In beautiful, rainy Halifax

I guess a fair bit has happened since I last posted. I worked at my grandparents for about 2 weeks. Like I said before, my grandpa taught me to drive the tractor and I got to use it to do a bunch of work. :D That was pretty exciting. I had some really good chats with him about almost everything. After coming away from talking with him I realize that I really don't have as much knowledge as I'd like to believe that I have. It takes years to gain knowledge like that, not just a year at Bible College. I got a bunch of fairly interesting history lessons about the area I'm from and great grandparents and other family who lived there. One thing that I didn't realize was that where I was born was named after a dog....John Graves Simcoe's wife's dog. Actually she had three: Tiny, Tay, and Flos. They all had townships named after them...how sad is that??

Ok...after I finished at my grandparents, I went home and did some paper work for my dad. May 24 weekend came pretty quickly and we had a huge family bash at my great uncle's. There was a ton of family there...most of whom I hadn't seen in a year. We spent over $200 on fireworks...it was a pretty good show! That was a super busy weekend. I then spent Monday cleaning and packing, then I went and watched a movie at Jamie's house.

On Tuesday I flew out to Halifax, which is where I am now! It was my first time flying and it was so much fun! Taking off was really cool and I did like flying above the puffy white clouds. Either way, my plane didn't crash and I'm here at Lucas' house enjoying the rain. :) It's been fun! We've mostly stayed in the house because it's wet outside, but we had some Lego fun! We built a dragon castle, a pirate island, and a big ship. We tried building a police station but too many pieces were missing so we gave up. We went to Frenchy's the other day and hopefully we'll get to go again before it's time for me to fly back. Today we're heading out to Malagash Bible Camp to help with the kids club. I'm pretty excited. Luke says it's way better than Graphite....we'll have to see about that. :P I'm not sure what we're doing next week...time will tell. Anyhow...that's about the extent of my journey's thus far. I'm still struggling with my devo's and prayer time. I'm having a hard time keeping on top of it all. It's my own fault, but it's something I'm really trying to work on now and throughout the summer.

I'm going to run for now. I hope you all are doing well! I miss you and I hope to see you soon. Maybe at Milliscus... :) I love you all!

2 comments:

nicole said...

nicki lies....she isn't in halifax....luke lives in fall river...oh nicki...why do you lie? i love you and i miss you and i am so jealous!!! i can't wat to see you though!! xoxo

Rach B said...

Hey sounds like you are having fun! Hey maybe while you are there you could convince luke to update his blog more often? :) Anyway love you hun. Was actually just thinking of you a few times this week love you lots.