Sunday, June 19, 2005

Scotia machines and 4-wheelers

I'm having a pretty good time here at Graphite. It's pretty quiet, especially in the evenings, but it's nice. I've been swimming a few times though the continuous rain has prevented me from entering the water very much. Uncle Boyd is keeping me busy around here. These next two weeks before camp starts will be really busy.

I have a bit of a prayer request. I'm supposed to be programming the overnight camps in August, there are three of them, and we're not sure if the person who was originally going to program with me is actually coming back. There's a lot of work that needs done to get those weeks all planned, and I won't be able to do it on my own. Please pray that God will provide someone soon to help in that area. It will be a stress relief for all of us.

Yesterday Andrew came for a visit and we went to town. It was pretty fun, but those silly Scotia bank machines can be a pain. First, the silly thing tried to eat my card...well not eat it really, I tried to push it back in and it didn't like it so it got jammed just far enough in that I couldn't pull it back out. I was beginning to worry, but then the machine decided that it didn't taste very good and it spit it out. Whew...that was a relief. I was then trying to update my pass book, which I hadn't updated since February, and after filling another page of it, I flipped to the next one and tried to insert it into the machine and it grabbed it, then spit it back out at me!! Goodness, what's this world coming to?! Bank Machines with minds of their own. So I've decided that they don't like me very much, or maybe I just need to learn how to use them properly. :P

Oh! I got to see Sarah "P." Lawrence when we were in town! I was super excited about that!! I hadn't seen her in ages and she happened to be working when we went into I.D.A. We chatted for quite a while, and I may get to see her a little bit this summer. :) She informed me that Tyler is going to Zambia with Courtney for the month of August. If you could remember to pray for them then I'm sure they would greatly appreciate it.

After church today Nicole W. had me over for lunch. It was a lot of fun. I like her family. Afterwards they gave me some grubby clothes to wear and we did some 4-wheeling! It was great fun! We took the trails back to the camp and picked up the camp 4-wheeler. So Nicole, Kara, and I all had one. :) They're a lot of fun to use in the sand pit. I hit a pretty sweet jump and got some nice air. :P Kara is absolutely insane! lol It was a lot of fun watching her. I came back quite dirty from all the dust and mud we went through, and I probably ate a few bugs too. One went up my nose. :P It was gross...and we saw a snake. He was kinda gross too. lol

Alright, I'm off to do some colouring and letter writing. I hope you all are doing well and that you're keeping God as your #1 focus this summer. I pray that He'll use you in great ways as you live out each day for Him. God bless, my friends. I love you all and miss you all very much.

Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

2 comments:

Luke Bruce said...

good work dude.... just a comment because i'm too lazy to email you back until after i get back from my dad's... thanks for the email, be good, and be careful;)

peace out dear friend

Luke Bruce said...

Hey i'm now back from my dad's and i tried to call you tonight but you weren't there.... so hopefully you'll get the message that i called from whoever i left it with anyway, but yeah, let me know when's good to call.. peace