Tuesday, October 10, 2006

My Thanksgiving Weekend

This was a really nice weekend. I guess it actually started last Wednesday, which was Dawn's birthday. She's 17 now! Goodness, that makes me feel so old. :S I had to work Thursday and Friday night, then on Saturday we had our Thanksgiving dinner with my mom's side of the family. It was good to see my cousins again. We don't see them very often and they're all growing so quickly! I had to work that day, so I went between shifts to visit, and then after work I went back and had some good turkey dinner! I booked Sunday and Monday off so I didn't have to work. My birthday was on Thanksgiving Monday, but we had my family party on Sunday. It was actually a lot of fun. There turned out to be more people there then I had expected. My brother invited Darryl over and I hadn't seen him in forever. He made things a lot of fun and kept us very entertained. On the Monday I was able to see Saba for a bit, then later was our Thanksgiving dinner with my dad's side of the family. I enjoyed it, though it was very loud. The food was amazing and there was sooo much pie. :P
So along with turning 22, I got to think about my life and wonder where on earth I'll be in a year, and even within the next few months. It can be a scary thought but it really pushes me to focus more on God. I don't like being so uncertain about things, and the only stability I'll have will come through Him. I guess it's one thing to think it, but another thing to act on it. It's amazing how easy it is for me to become unsatisfied with life when I'm not reading my Bible and praying all the time. It's time for me to spend more time focusing on God, and to actually make time for Him every day, rather than making myself busy and forgetting about Him.
I'm really trying to trust Him to provide me with the right job. I'm looking for another job because my job at Webers isn't giving me enough hours. I'm looking for something full time, but I'm not sure where that is right now. :)
My room is coming along nicely now. My parents bought me the wardrobe and the bookshelves I wanted. My dad just put them together for me, so now I just need to fill them and get rid of all the extra junk I have packed away still. I think we're having a garage sale this weekend, so long as it doesn't rain. :P That should be fun.
The time is getting late, so I am heading to bed. Lots of love <3

No comments: