Wednesday, October 18, 2006

My adventures


So here are a couple of pics from my birthday.

Darryl decided that he was going to be funny and wrapped a pink panther (that we already owned) in one of my mom's picture boxes, and gave it to me. It ended up going back out in the toy box. :P




And this is my cake...with an elmo candle. :D It was a very delicious cake. :)




That was a good day. :) Andrew Chuckleton stopped by to visit me that afternoon on his way home from Gravenhurst. It was great to see him again!

I have this Beauty Club membership at Caryl Baker in the mall. It's this salon type place, and if you're a member you get a free birthday facial and light makeup application. So on the Wednesday after Thanksgiving I booked my appointment. It was pretty fun, but the girl who was doing it took sooo long. She did my eyebrows first, and just chatted a lot. I'm sure that part took her an hour (no...my eyebrows weren't that bad :P) then she kept trying to sell me upgrades to the facials and such so she'd just stand there and tell me all about it. I got the makeup done, which looked decent and was glad to leave!!
Luke ended up coming to Barrie that night and he took me out for a birthday dinner, which was a lot of fun. After Kelsey's we went to Starbucks then he headed back to Toronto in a crazy rainstorm.

I ended up going to the orthadontists last week. They glued a bar on the back of my teeth so I don't have to wear my retainer as much anymore. :D The not so fun part is that they made me a new retainer and it's sooo hard to get out. It was scratching the skin off of my gums when I took it out, so I attacked it with sissors so it fits better. :P It's still not the easiest thing to get out, but at least it doesn't hurt me anymore.

This past weekend was pretty busy. I worked on Friday and then Nic drove up to see me! We hung out at Webers for a bit and had some Nachos, then we left...after finding out some chick in a Cadillac hit Nic's rental car and then took off. Thankfully there weren't any noticable damages. We had a great chat and she spent the night. We went to the mall for a bit on Saturday then she left to head for Cambridge. I worked that night then Luke came late on Saturday so we chatted for a bit. The next day Luke took off for a while, then came back for the afternoon, so we hung out until he had to head back to Toronto. It was fun to have some friends around for a change. My weekends have been pretty boring. :P

I have an interview on Thursday at 11:30 at Naturalizer, a shoe store in the mall. I'm fairly excited about it! It would be nice to have some full time work. Webers has been fun but I really don't enjoy the hours. I've almost got my smartserve certificate too. I have to finish it by October 24th or it expires.

Well, I have this weekend off, so I get to go to Belleville for the weekend. :) I'm pretty excited about that! I haven't had a weekend off in a little while. It is time for me to get some sleep, so good night to you all. Here's some wisdom for you all: Watch out for undercover cops in red parkas...I hear they can find you anywhere....

5 comments:

nicole said...

if you are driving to bellville, come see me for a couple hours! if not then...i will see you some other time...uhh yeah. i love you nick, and i miss you hugely(hugs). i hope your interview went well today. smile beautiful God loves you:)

Anonymous said...

glad you had a great birthday
-brooksy

Rach B said...

just wanted to let you know that I finally uploaded the pics from Lukes birthday party in JUNE!! I know majorly late but I forgot about them. Anyway if you want a copy of any of them let me know and I can e-mail them. Other wise just check them out on my blog

Rach B said...

just wanted to let you know that I finally uploaded the pics from Lukes birthday party in JUNE!! I know majorly late but I forgot about them. Anyway if you want a copy of any of them let me know and I can e-mail them. Other wise just check them out on my blog

nicole said...

update silly goose its almost Christmas month!!