Wednesday, October 03, 2007

B-O-R-E-D

Well, I'm bored...so I figured I'd sit down write for a bit. Not that I have anything much to say. Work has been a drag for the past two days, and I'm sure tomorrow won't be any better. Joey took off to Kitchener for three days of training and left me by myself in the branch. I've been working on quote after quote for customers and I'm tired of it. :P At least it's kept me busy and I'm not sitting there doing nothing all day.

I didn't do too much today. I ran out to the bank and to grab a couple of things in town. I love driving my little bumblebee, cranking my music, and singing for all I'm worth. :P I'm sure if anyone could hear me they'd think I was nuts. :) Maybe I am....

My poor little car has a few problems...I ran up a curb with it a couple of weeks ago and it has this odd clunk in the front tire. You only hear it every so often, but I don't like it. And my reverse lights still don't work! My dad played with them for a while and got them working, but they stopped within a couple of days. I'm not really looking forward to fixing that problem. She seems to be running good though, which I'm quite thankful for! I've been travelling around so much I think half of my paycheques go into the fuel tank. I need to get myself a place here, so I can start staying around on weekends.

I need to find a church here too, or a church group. I've been meaning to look into it, but by the time I get home and eat I don't feel like calling around, especially after spending half the day on the phone at work. I can't imagine any of the churches even have anyone working in the evenings...I'm not really sure how I'm going to get information. I guess I'd better look into it...no more procrastinating!!

Oh! Dave Lisson came to visit me this past weekend. We had a bunch of fun! My dad ended up going out and coming home with Nintendo Wii! SWEET DEAL! It was a lot of fun! I once again made it quite clear that I'm not a very good video games player, but I enjoyed myself nonetheless. Dave also brought me a birthday present (my birthday is next Tues. the 9th). He got me a Lite-Brite! In an earlier post that I wrote, titled "Five interesting or unknown facts about me...", my number one was this:


1) I used to refer to my ribs as ribbins....not quite sure why. My mom had told me the story of Adam and Eve and how God used one of Adam's ribs to make Eve, so a few days later I went running up to my mom saying 'I got a lite-brite ahind my ribbins!' Took her a bit to figure out I'd swallowed a lite-bright peg, and it was behind my ribs.

So that's the story behind the Lite-Brite, which I'm having a grand time with! :P Thanks Dave! I haven't swallowed any yet. :)

This weekend is Thanksgiving, so I'll be heading home again. It should be a good weekend, and the weather is supposed to be nice, which is a bonus.

Well I've blabbed on for long enough...almost time to get ready for bed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! You made me want to play with my lite-bright. I bought one at a garage sale in the summer for a whopping $2. It had tons of new pictures, and a whole bunch of lights, and this extra roll of blank black paper to make your own. It's fun!

I can't believe your birthday is in 5 DAYS!! WOOOO!! PARTAAYYY!!

We got our wedding DVD from the photographer, so that's exciting! Maybe if we come early Monday for thansgiving, we can show the family our pictures. At Mom and Dad's. Not Grandma's. haha.

Anyway, I have to go pick up Paul from the Go Station. He worked really late tonight, and I miss him! Have a lovely night.

Love,
Melanie