Friday, April 06, 2007

When life throws a curve ball...

...swing for all you're worth and hope for a homerun! Well, I don't know if that's always the case, but it seemed like a good idea in this instance. My manager called me on Thursday morning before I started work and said he just wanted to give me a heads up because our district manager was going to offer me a full time position in Owen Sound. I was surprised...I still have so much to learn, but apparently he thought I could do it. After talking to him about the position, he told me to call him back the next day. To say the least, Thursday evening was busy trying to figure out it the move would be worth it. I don't know anyone in Owen Sound, I don't know any churches out there...I'd be completely uprooting from Barrie and moving myself out the the middle of nowhere. :P After looking at the pros and cons and spending time in prayer I figured it was a good idea, and I told my DM that I'd take the job. So now I'm moving to Owen Sound, about two hours west of Barrie. So I have lots to figure out now before I go, and I don't even know when I'm starting out there; it could be as early as the 16th, or maybe not until the beginning of May. I'm really excited about it though! It wasn't anything I was expecting to happen this soon, but I'm glad it is. :) God is good! I'm sure there are some tough times ahead, especially with knowing no one out that way, but I know that God will be there and in reality, He is all I need!

2 comments:

nicole said...

i love you. i should move there too.

PVBC Youth Events Coordinators said...

Wow crazy ...hey if you need to know churches I coudl likly tell you some. As at work we have a whole directry of churches in canada and the US. So let me know. Tried to call you tonight but no answer.

Well love ya lots
-Brooksy