Friday, April 20, 2007

Settling in

This is now my third day in Owen Sound, and I'm actually quite enjoying it! I love the new store I'm at. Business is a lot slower here than in Barrie, but it's a better way to learn, because I can spend more time focusing on our products and how to do certain things. So far I've had to call the Barrie branch every day to ask questions. :P My manager, Joey, is pretty great. He's still learning too, so we've got a lot of work ahead of us.
Owen Sound is a cute little city...only 21,000 people, so it shouldn't take me too long to explore it. :P The house I'm staying at is pretty much right downtown so I can do a fair bit of walking around and exploring. Armintha Belbeck is the name of the lady I'm staying with, and she is very sweet. She lives on her own, so it's only the two of us in the house. I found out that she plays piano quite proficiently, I've yet to hear her play, though. Hopefully soon!
I'm heading home to Barrie this evening...it's going to be a semi-busy weekend. Mel has planned a dress shopping excursion on Saturday for wedding dresses, so that should be fun. On Saturday night I'm going to the T&T (Twenties and Thirties) group from Nathan and Chantals church.
I should get back to work now.
God is good! He is in control and knows what is best and does a much better job controlling my life than I do...Praise Him for that!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicki. I'm glad you are enjoying yourself in Owen Sound. I miss you here at home but it is wonderful that you are having this opportunity to make it on your own. You can update your profile now:) I look forward to seeing you this weekend. Love Mom

PVBC Youth Events Coordinators said...

good that things seem to be postive. Hope it really is.

nicole said...

you cut me out of the picture jerkface lol! make more blogs! love you hope yours day was awesome!