Wednesday, May 31, 2006

One day at a time

Thank you to all who were praying for my grandpa. He's been home for over a week now, and he's healing up quite nicely. He's still in quite a bit of pain though. On Monday he went back to Toronto for a couple of tests, and he has to go back again to get a biopsy done on a section of his bladder. There's a thickness on his bladder, and they aren't sure what it is...they say it could possibly be cancer. We won't know for a week or so what it is.

So I've been home from school for almost a month now, and I'm still not working. I thought I had a job lined up, but this guy I was supposed to work for basically stood me up. So I've been out and about handing out a million resumes! I guess looking for a job takes time, but it's super frustrating because I had all these plans for when I started working, but now I can't do most of them because they require money and I am broke. I've been trying to keep myself busy at home. I've been helping my mom do some landscaping out back. We're building a retaining wall and a patio. It's a lot of heavy work, but I'm enjoying the exercise. I actually made a new fire pit too, and I would say it's probably the sweetest fire pit I've ever seen! It's about 8' x 4'.

From up on the deck by the house, it looks like a glowing eye. :P So yeah...I'm pretty excited about it. You should all come over for a campfire sometime! :D

May has been a busy month. I've been to Belleville a few times, and to Peterborough a couple of times. The three Nic's hung out on the Saturday of the May 2-4 weekend. We had a lot of fun!

After Nicole left on Saturday, Nic and I went to the movies and saw Mission Impossible 3. The next day we met Dave at the movies and saw The DaVinci Code. I think we watched 4 movies within three days. :P Two at the theatre and two at Nic's trailer. It was a great weekend, a little cold though. (Snow in May...that's just ridiculous.)

My weekdays have been mostly boring. It'll be nice to get a job and get on with my life. Right now I'm just taking it one day at a time. I guess that's all I can really do anyhow. God is in control. It's been really hard to leave this job thing in His hands, but I'm trying, and I'm trying not to get very discouraged about it. It would probably be a little easier if I had a life here in Barrie, but I don't really. Luke comes to visit every so often, so that's been fun. Other than that I don't do much socializing. There really aren't many people around Barrie that I'm good friends with anymore.

I hope you are all enjoying your spring/summer so far. This humidity hasn't been fun, but the thunderstorms that follow it are quite enjoyable. It was thundering pretty good this morning when my mom and I were working outside. We also discovered that we have a snake living on our patio. How lovely...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehehe you posted! and all it took was a little threat from me. thanks for not making me swear :) i love you dear

Babeineau said...

What are you doing this coming weekend?

nicole said...

i love you nick.