Friday, May 05, 2006

An Adventurous Weekend

I'm so very happy to be done school now! I really don't miss the stress at all. I've been home for a few days just getting stuff done around the house. I spent a couple of days cutting and stacking wood, I cut the grass, cleaned up the yard, and just kinda did some random stuff around the yard. I've still got a lot more to do, but it'll take time.
I'm actually waiting to hear from my boss to know when I'm supposed to start work. I figured I'd be starting by the beginning of next week, but he hasn't called me yet. I got a landscaping job, mostly doing gardening and such, and the guy is even giving me a truck to drive around in! That's definitely handy seeing as the jobs will be all over southern Ontario. Until I start I guess I'll just have to keep myself busy at home. It shouldn't be too difficult with all the renovations we're doing. I brought so much stuff home from school and I have nowhere to put it right now. My bedroom is full of stuff my mom is temporarily storing, and it'll have to stay there for a few more weeks. Once it gets moved out my bedroom will be expanding and then I can reorganize and move all my stuff in.
I'm beginning to miss some people now. Last weekend, after grad, a bunch of us hung out and it was a lot of fun. We went to the zoo, grabbed a bite to eat, then headed to the Salman's to watch a movie with Chris and Amy. Crystal, Danielle, and Maria all came for grad and spent the whole evening hanging out with us.


Nicola, Matty, Lucas and I decided to hit Timmy's after we left Chris' house...it was getting a little late and we were definitely overtired! I spent the the night with Nic and her parents at a nearby hotel. Sadly she had to head home the next morning. Here are some pictures that we took at Timmy's...we were a little nuts. :P

We had a lot of fun, and I miss them like crazy!

I was lucky to be able to spend a few days in Belleville with Matty and Lucas before I had to head home. We had some fun adventures, including mini-golf (Luke won), a trip to Kingston to pick up Luke's car, exploding bottles of diet coke, and even a visit to the carwash to wash our cars. (duh, what else do you do at a carwash...:P) It was a blast!

It is good to be home now, enjoying some time with my family. I think this is the first time I'll be home for an extended period of time since two years ago. I'm sure this summer will probably be packed full of fun seeing as there are so many people that I want to visit! For now I need to start work so I can afford to do some travelling around. I plan on blogging a lot more now that I'm done school. We'll see if that actually happens. :P For now I'm off to watch some Best of Chris Farley. Buhbye! :)

3 comments:

Rach B said...

I was really sad to not be able to be at grad. I hope luke told you that! I was planning to come up untill the day before when I realized how much it was going to cost to rent a car to drive...then realized i couldn't afford it. :(

so glad you have fun! but sad i couldn't be part of it!

nicole said...

maria and crystal look so adorable in that picture. i miss you nicki, and i hope you and sarah can come camping with me this summer. i love you, glad you had fun at matt's! and that you aren't being dragged out of a bush all dead like:S (hug) (kiss)

Anonymous said...

so hey. those are some hot dudes in those pictures. but in all seriousness, luke is hot. and i love you nick. and i mean that. both about you and luke. i think you need to come visit lots. and we need to go visit nic. and we need to go to elim. frig we have alot of stuff to do. if you can't tell, i'm rambling cuz it's almost 1 and luke and i are laying in our SEPARATE beds laughing our asses off cuz it's stupid o'clock. anywho i just swore on your blog, go me. love ya dear