Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Camping, Thanksgiving, Birthdays...

I got to see Crystal Rudy this past weekend! I was so excited! She came up on Saturday morning with her nice Oldsmobile Alero packed full of food and camping gear and we went on a small road trip to find a place to go camping. We looked on the map and saw a place called Petroglyph's Provincial Park so we decided to go that direction. We made it without getting lost, but because they're a provincial park they don't have camping there. So we went in and talked to the guy at the gate. He directed us to a campground across the road, and very kindly explained to us what a petroglyph was, because we had no idea. Basically it's a carving in stone, done by the Aboriginals and the different pictures mean different things. We ended up going to look at them and they are kinda cool. Apparently it's still a spiritual site for them.
So, back to our camping trip. We chose our site, and after a great lunch we set everything up. Our camping trip mostly consisted of cooking food over the fire, and then eating. It was great! Though by the time we left, we were sooo full. She brought sooo much stuff to eat. All of our meals turned out amazingly well! They look good, eh? :D


This is our first supper...


Our eggs for breaky...


More breaky...


Crystal eating breaky...



Lunch... (mmm...bacon!)


And us "sleeping".

Hope you enjoy those...they're just a little random, but fun! (like really...who takes pics of food?)

This weekend is Thanksgiving! Yay! I get to go home for a few days. Sarah and her parents are coming through Ptbo. and are bringing me back with them. I get to show her the book that Lucas and I made...hehehe it's pretty exciting. It took me forever to put it together, but she gets to be the first of the comic group to see it. My birthday is on Sunday and I'll be 21. Yay! I'm excited about that. My parents got me a membership to the Wellness Center here in Ptbo. I just went for my orientation today, so tomorrow will be my first real day there. I'm going to do the Hip Hop class. That should be quite enjoyable. On Friday my family is having my birthday party, and then we have two Thanksgiving dinners later on that weekend. It's going to be busy! My sister's birthday is today. She's 16, and Rachel L's is on Thursday, so happy birthday to the both of you!
We've been doing Intramurals on Tuesday nights and it's been fun so far. We're playing hockey for a few weeks and for some reason I've been in net. lol It's a sight to see! I feel bad about letting so many in, but practice will hopefully improve my skill. It's good to be able to get the exercise and to hang out with everyone.
Ok...I think that's all I need to say for now. I hope you all are doing well. I miss everyone from last year. We should have a KLBC reunion sometime! :) God bless dear friends!

Just as I am, though tossed about,
With many a conflict, many a doubt,
Fightings within, and foes without,
O Lamb of God, I come!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

did somebody say bacon? mmmm
Canadian bacon?
Nice to see your enjoying the outdoors!